Location: Saint Clair Shores
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Founded by a small group of educators, Michigan Schools &
Government Credit Union (MSGCU) has been providing quality
financial services to the community for more than 65 years.
Following our mission of being a caring organization dedicated to
promoting financial success for our members, we have grown to be
the 6th largest Credit Union in Michigan. With 16 offices in
Macomb, Oakland and Wayne Counties, MSGCU has 350 team members,
135,000 members, over $2.5 billion in assets, and has earned a 96%
member satisfaction rating for the past ten years. We have also
been honored as a Top Workplace by The Detroit Free Press eight
years in a row.
If you have a passion for helping people and providing
exceptional and dependable service, we want you on our team!
We value your time and want to make the selection process simple
and quick. Candidates who qualify for the position will be asked to
complete a pre-interview online process which includes a video
overview of the position and simulation. We will follow up with you
once these steps are complete.
Summary: Responsible for providing a high quality of member
service, including effective listening and determining member needs
in order deepen member relationship through cross selling of
products and services. Provides a variety of member service
functions, including; accurate processing of savings accounts,
draft accounts, loan transactions, cashing checks, selling money
orders and travelers checks and other duties. Responsible for
balancing cash drawer each day and processing end of day teller
Full-time Tellers will work an average of 40 hours per week
during our branch hours: Monday-Wednesday 9am-5pm, Thursday and
Friday 9am-6pm, and Saturday 9am-1pm.
Overview of Responsibilities: Delivers the desired member
experience by providing high quality service and completing teller
transactions accurately including using effective listening to
identify member needs and cross selling products and services in
order to deepen member relationships. Works as a productive,
cooperative, and engaged team member to serve members and reach
individual and branch team goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exceeds member service expectations and builds trusting
relationships with members, showing a sincere interest in the
member and their financial success.
- Follows MSGCUs service standards to complete teller
transactions with focus and understanding in order to ensure
accurate processing and to balance teller drawer and checks at end
of day. Teller transactions include, but are not limited to:
cashing checks, processing deposits and withdrawals, making member
payments, processing certificate of deposit transactions, and
member account maintenance.
- Understands and follows MSGCU policies, procedures, and
guidelines. Adheres to cash controls including cash drawer limits,
buy/sell procedures, dual control, and other applicable
- Generates member referrals by using a consultative approach and
asking high impact questions to identify and meet member needs,
both perceived and unperceived. Listens for member cues and uses in
depth knowledge of our products and services in order to cross sell
and offer solutions for member needs by focusing on the benefits
and value to the member.
- Uses Creating Member Loyalty skills to effectively handle
member complaints and resolve issues by working with members to
identify mutually beneficial solutions.
- Maintains familiarity with competitor fees and products and has
a general understanding of the current financial environment.
- Actively engages with the branch team to ensure members are
served efficiently and promptly.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Member Focus: Builds strong member relationships
(internal/external) by using effective listening skills to gain
insight into member needs and identifying opportunities to benefit
the member, efficiently resolving problems, and providing superior
quality service in a professional, efficient, and courteous manner.
Behavior consistently demonstrates engagement with members and
commitment to MSGCU initiatives in support of our mission and
- Action Oriented: Takes on new opportunities and tough
challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Completes responsibilities with a high level of excellence,
professionalism, efficiency, accuracy and responsibility for
- Communicates Effectively: Actively listens, provides timely and
helpful information, shares, collaborates and participates in team
- Instills Trust: Gains the confidence of others by modeling
honesty, integrity, and authenticity, and behaviors that align with
organizational values. Makes responsible choices and exemplifies
courage by stepping up to address difficult issues.
- Self-Development: Actively seeks new ways to grow and be
challenged using both formal and informal development channels;
demonstrates a willingness to step into other areas as
- Demonstrated skills to perform sales related activities.
- Average reasoning, mathematical, and language ability.
- Above average motor coordination, manual dexterity, and finger
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology and software and
ability to operate standard office equipment.
Essential Preparation and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; and
- 6 months of experience as a teller in a financial institution
or as retail sales representative/cashier.
- Office and branch location environment with little discomfort
from noise, extreme temperature, dust, or other factors.
- Required to travel throughout MSGCUs service area in order to
support other branches as business needs require.
- Exposed to potentially hazardous condition, such as robbery.
Receives detailed instructions and procedures to be followed on an
annual basis to minimize risk.
- This work involves standing most of the time with brief periods
of walking or sitting and may occasionally require lifting and/or
moving up to 10 pounds.
About our Benefits
Michigan Schools & Government Credit Union offers an exceptional
total rewards package (a lot of organizations say that, we mean
- Full-time team members receive medical and dental benefits on
their first day!
Choose from three medical plans, including the most generous HSA
plan allowed by law with no monthly premium.
- Those team members eligible to participate in our 401k plan
receive a 3% contribution from MSGCU and a 100% match for the next
7% they contribute!
- We offer full-time employees up to $5,000 in tuition
- We offer vacation and sick time pro-rated based on when you
join the Credit Union and celebrate 9 holidays.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: MSGCU, Saint Clair Shores , Full-time Teller, Other , Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!